There are many ways to propose to your loved one without breaking the bank. At the end of the day, you will be just as betrothed as the couple that spent thousands on a fancy proposal. It’s best to save the big bucks for the big day anyways!
- Propose on a holiday. This usually provides decorations already set up, you two are already dressed up, which makes it a perfect setting. She will also be very surprised! Bonus if your friends and family are around.
- Propose on their birthday. Everyone loves a surprise on their birthday, and this is definitely one of them!
- Propose at a meaningful location. Where you had your first kiss? Where you first met? Your first date? Pick a spot!
- Propose at a family gathering. She will be glad that her family will be there to witness the event, and she can gush about it without having to repeat over and over again the announcement that she’s engaged!
- Propose at a party. Friends will be around, and it will definitely add a reason to celebrate!
- Write a song. Are you crafty, creative, poetic? Write a song and sing it to her! Bonus if you can also play an instrument to go along with the song. Propose to her in the song, lead with how much you love her, what she means to you, then pop the question!
- Dance it out! Have your friends and family practice a dance routine to a romantic song. When you are ready, get her to a location where you all meet, blast the song and do your routine! Songs that say “Will you marry me” or “marry me” in the song is a bonus. To make it more personal, you can choose a song that holds a special meaning to both of you.