Disclaimer: This article contains pricing for a honeymoon in and around Montreal, Quebec, Canada. If you plan to honeymoon elsewhere, prices may vary. Does not include travel costs and/or gas or transportation. A few of these options only are availible during the summertime. These prices are for a one-day honeymoon, or for two days, one night.
How to have a cheap, simple yet fun honeymoon for under $500? Is it possible? Of course it is! This may not be the most lavish honeymoon on the planet, but it is simple, fun and memorable, and that’s what matters! Here are some low-cost places to go and activities to do, which if you pick 3 or 4 of these activities, should cost you under $500.
Actual photo of Camping Plage Champlain
Go to a camping ground. Not just any camping ground. Go to one that has a beach, and maybe even a fire pit! You can just drive on over, no reservation required! Enjoy the beach waters with the community, tan on the sand, have a picnic, even camp out if you want! Prices per night for 2 adults and up to 3 children start at $26 at Champlain Beach Camping
Go on a historical cruise. That’s right, a CRUISE! In small towns on canals, cruises that include a public historical tour can be quite cheap. You can choose from several cruise packages varying in prices per person to customize your experience and adapt it according to your budget. Starting at $34.99 per person, Croisieres Richelieu offers this! Richlieu Cruises
Actual photo of Croisieres Richelieu
Stay at a Bed & Breakfast. Some offer couples packages that include special assets at a great price! I recommend Auberge de la Fontaine in Montreal, Quebec. They offer a Casino Package starting at $142 a night for two, with special things thrown in! They also offer a Romance Package starting at $209 per night. If these don’t suit your needs, check out their other package deals.
Actual photo of Auberge de la Fontaine
Enjoy a Horse-Drawn Carriage. The city of old Montreal is beautiful, scenic, has an old European feel to it. You can’t help but be drawn to it’s mysterious buildings and landscaped parks. Starting at $48 for up to 5 people for a 30 minute guided tour ride, this can be a magical experience with your new spouse. Check out #2: Guided Tours, second bubble on this website.
Actual photo of horse-drawn carriage in Montreal
Treat yourself to a Swedish Massage. Usually places charge you at least $50 per person for a 30 minute massage. Starting at $39 per person for a 30 minute massage, this can be a relaxing end to an adventurous day. Unwind side-by-side and let your troubles melt away! Pure bliss at a great price! Aqua Spa is the way to go!
Free or cost-efficient options:
- Have a picnic in a local park, on the grass with a blanket. Short on cash for food? Prepare sandwiches, fruits and veggies and dip to bring outdoors.
- Swap houses with someone out of town! It’s cheap, and all you do is pay for your food and travel!
- Volunteer. Bond together by giving back to your community.
- Go to a public pool. Sunbathe on the lounge chairs and have a swim with your beloved!
- Attend a parade. These are often sponsored and free!
- Run a marathon or do a trialathon together. Build up hype by training hard beforehand and feel accomplished afterwards!
- Take a class together. It can be dance, music, or yoga; whatever fits!
- Visit a Buddhist Temple. They often have free meditating sessions. You may even be able to stay in one for free!
- Go on a road trip. See where it takes you and learn new routes and see the world!
- Visit a farm. Pet the animals, taste the crops, enjoy country life.
- Go fruit-picking. This can be strawberries, apples, raspberries or blueberries. It’s lots of fun!
- Visit a vineyard to sample some wine for a tasting.
- Go to a bakery and taste home-made and hand-crafted chocolates and candies.
There are other options you can check out: Top 10 Romantic things to do in Montreal.
Unlike a wedding, there is no professional photographer with you while you’re on your honeymoon. The point isn’t to play it up to show off a luxurious honeymoon to everyone. This is time for an intimate quality time mini-vacation to enjoy married life together. Pick and choose what is right for you, and have a great time!